Pelpro Home Heater 300

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Would you recommend the Pelpro 300?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• No experience with this stove

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

theRog05

Aug 15, 2014
Rochester, NY
Hey all,

So I have been going back and fourth a bunch of times on what I would like to do as a secondary option of heating my home (I have oil heat now. ~$3300 a year). I initially started out with the idea of putting in a wood burning insert in the entertainment room, but that idea kind of died down because the room is the furthest from the other part of the house and would be hard to move heat around. Then I thought about a Pellet add-on Furnace; this most likely wont work for me due to limited space in the basement and not being able to exhaust out the existing chimney (already used for oil furnace).

So I am leaning towards a standalone pellet stove. My house is just under 2000 sq. ft. and I am thinking about putting the stove in the living room (See Below Diagram). I am looking for something on the cheaper end and something that will have a decent burn time.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of or has used the Pelpro 300? It has a 300lb hopper that could last up to 200 hours on a low burn (if I'm gone for a few days). Rural King has it for $1656.97 which seems like a decent deal. Shipping is about $120.

Any information about this stove would be greatly appreciated! Or if you have ideas on other more cheaper, more gooder stoves :p

Thanks!
theRog
layout-png.136592

Status
Not open for further replies.