PelPro PP130 smoke leaking from glass window

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rgrof12

Dec 7, 2022
Caledonia, OH
Hey all. I am brand new to owning a pellet stove and was actually gifted a pelpro pp130 as a replacement for our new home. However, after installing and running the stove a few times, I have noticed that smoke seems to leak from the seam on the outside of the door where the glass meets the metal. It is a continuous smoke that only dies down once the stove is turned off.

I initially believed it to be the burn off from the paint curing, but it lasted well past when the paint should have cured and excess grease, lubricant, etc would have burnt off.

Local repair place cant schedule until Feb and I'm running without reliable heat.

Any and all help would be great. I have no clue what I'm doing and all the problems I've researched don't seem to fit the bill.

I don't have a pelpro stove but a lot of people here have on them or currently operate them ... My understanding is that pelpro technical support is very good and you should be able to get someone on the phone there to walk you through the issues. Hopefully all you need is a new door gasket.