Perhaps a stupid question, but...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneR34

Sep 19, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
What (if anything) would make a stove go from safe to not safe from one season to the next?

It's, of course, that time of year again when we start burning. This year, however, I haven't had the time to get the yearly cleaning/inspection of the stove done. I'm wondering, then, considering that the stove worked fine last season, if I should have any concerns right now. It seems to be working fine during burns over the last week or two.

I did the cleaning etc myself last year, and kept up with it throughout the season. I plan to get it done by a tech this year, but with a very "wonky" schedule, I'm not sure when I'll get the chance.

So, I guess I just want to calm my safety concerns until I can get it looked at...hopefully sometime within the next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.