1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

PF-100 Hopper Removal

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by P0ZBURN, Mar 21, 2013.

1. P0ZBURN

P0ZBURN Member

Loc:
    OHIO
    I'm trying to buy a used PF-100 but can't get the thing out of the basement without removing the hopper. Has anyone removed one of these before? any suggestions would help. Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Defiant

Defiant Vermont Castings Geek

Loc:
    Old Lyme CT
    Read the manual, just a suggestion:cool:
  3. dhall28

dhall28 Member

Loc:
    Central Ohio
    there are some wires that will need to be disconnected but nothing major, from there cut the silicone around where the hopper funnels down to the feed system, last thing should be to remove a couple of screws on each side that hold the hopper to the body of the furnace and you should be able to remove it, i've never taken one off but i have reinstalled one before after someone had your same situation except a whole lot more stuff was off it than just the hopper, pretty straight forward job.
    Defiant likes this.
  4. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Is this the one near Mansfield? For $2,500, or Trade (guy really wanted to trade?)

Seemed like it could be had for much less if you had cash in hand?

I'm sure some Harman owner will be along shortly to help...

If I didn't already have. Furnace that worked well, then I would have looked at that unit much harder. Did you get a pretty good deal?!
  5. P0ZBURN

P0ZBURN Member

Loc:
    OHIO
    $2000 was the asking price.. No it was Cincinnati area.
    Thanks for the replies. I haven't gotten it out of the basement yet hopefully it'll work out.
  6. Defiant

Defiant Vermont Castings Geek

Loc:
    Old Lyme CT
    There is always a way, :cool: