pH additives

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

penfrydd

Jul 7, 2008
Western MA
www.penfrydd.com
So...now that the main heating season is over and the system has been working a couple of months, I can shut it down, add one more radiator that I always wanted, and finally put in the chemicals needed to adjust my pH.

What chemical is used? I'm in western Mass, where there's usually lime in the rock, if anything, but I doubt that my water is above 7.0 without treatment.

penfrydd

Many posts on this topic. Search "water treatment," or "corrosion," and see if that helps. Try other search terms as well. You should find what you need.

Suitable boiler water consists of much more than PH alone. I would heartily suggest locating a lab that specializes in boiler water chemistry and send them a sample. Usually costs around $25 for the test but it will tell you a lot of things about your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.