Photos; BOB FISHER

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. I like the Model A with air-conditioning too.

As a steel stove guy, I will be grateful to Bob forever. Never bought a Fisher but he made every one I have owned happen. Including the one burning in the next room right now.

Glad he was "freezing his nuts off" that night and got inspired. Or I would probably be burning in some piece of crap cast iron stove now. :coolsmirk:

Thank ya Bob.

BeGreen said:
Cool. I like the Model A with air-conditioning too.

Looks like a factory option.

BrotherBart said:
Glad he was "freezing his nuts off" that night and got inspired. Or I would probably be burning in some piece of crap cast iron stove now. :coolsmirk:

Or a big crappy soapstone rock. ;-)

It almost seems like an old revolver sticking out of his belt would complete the image!

I like the pic of him driving the tractor in the parade with a brew in his hand.

BeGreen said:
BrotherBart said:

(Making the sound Tim "The toolman" Taylor made when he was bumfuzzled.)

BeGreen said:
BrotherBart said:

I never have been around anything other than soapstone, so I can't say.

I think I'm borderline stalker. shhh Here goes;
The day of the tractor parade also happened to be the day Google Map satellite image of his house was taken for the current sat picture. (Don't ask why I was looking at his house from satellite, it makes me feel creepy) There are a dozen (12) tractors lined up in his field, and quite a few cars around. AND the sun was setting so a shadow of a big windmill is visible next to the house. That never showed up before since the sun was always high in satellite images, not casting a shadow. Cool huh? So I checked out the local paper archives of that day, and found pictures posted of the tractor parade. I figured by the sat image, it may have started or ended at his acreage. The person taking pictures posts on a photography site, where I found the pictures she took with him listed in the picture description. In other words, I've got too much free time !

AND ANOTHER; next to his collection, soon to be an Ag museum; That's right, we can PAY to go see Bobby. I have a feeling that first stove will be coming out of the basement and be displayed with the other old iron in the museum. I'm smelling ROAD TRIP !!!

http://mrr.stparchive.com/Archive/MRR/MRR10132011p01.php

If anything out of the ordinary ever happens to Mr. Fisher, I'm fairly certain the cops will be stopping at your door soon after coaly.

pen

I guess since I'm on Oregon's most watched list, I can share this one. So much for my windmill guess from satellite. Someone with a zoom lens did me the favor. (without me even asking)

Sure looks like non-EPA approved smoke to me. Way to heat that monster Bobby !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/springfieldhomer/5424007148/

And yes, I've confirmed that's a Busch Lite in his hand. If you're going to drive your antique tractor down the road, you may as well go drinkin' and drivin'.

Don't ask, Tick. It's all in Google searching the right words.

Status
Not open for further replies.