Piazzetta Sabrina 2.0 VS Comfortbilt hp22

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nickstack902

Jan 28, 2020
new minas
Im hoping someone can help me with our decision on which pellet stove to buy. This will be our first pellet stove and I have done way to much research because we are having a hard time deciding now. I hear good and bad about almost every brand but we initially were pushed towards the Piazzetta Sabrina 2.0 from our local store. After researching online i found the comfortbilt hp22 came up almost everywhere with great ratings. Is it worth almost $1000 more to go with the Sabrina 2.0? how are peoples experience with either stoves?

I installed a ComfortBilt HP22i a while back. It's an insert not a free standing stove. I had some trouble initially with the electronics, but with some help from one of their reps on this site and ComfortBilt themselves I got the problem resolved and am happy with the stove. It has been running flawlessly since. Clean it out once a week and keep the hopper full. So much easier and cleaner than burning wood, and almost as pretty. Best advice I can give is find a good brand of pellet. I went through 3 or 4 differents ones before I found one readily available that I liked.

The Italian made Piazzetta Sabrina is a better built stove, with higher quality components. The motors are quieter and will last longer than the Comfortbilt. The Sabrina has a cast iron burn pot, a cast iron firebox, and a cast iron door. The hopper is 66 pounds. Efficiency is 82%. The stove can be wired to use an external thermostat. Piazzetta has been in business since 1960.

The Comfortbilt is made in China, supposedly by the same company that makes the Castle stoves, which people are generally happy with. The burn pot is cast iron, the firebox, and door are mild sheet steel. The hopper holds 56 pounds. The efficiency is 73%.

Replacement parts for the Piazzetta are generally the same price as the Comfortbuilt, except the combustion motor is $333 for the Sabrina, and $180 for the Comfortbilt.

Last edited: