Picked up a couple brands of pellets to try....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jedidiah578

Oct 16, 2011
West Michigan
Picked up a couple brands of pellets to try today the bags look pretty generic & havent heard much of anything on here about them
so I figured what the heck $3.50 a bag I'll pick up a couple bags of each & see how it goes. Who has tried these & how did you like them?
1st pic is the Wood Fibers, INC Wood Pellets
2nd pic is the Heat'rs Wood Pellets
3rd pic my lil stash of heat. approximately 170 bags of Pro Pellets, 4 bags Greenway (super Premium) I hear these are pretty good &
waiting for some cooler temps to try. 3 bags Heat'rs, 2 bags wood fibers, & 2 bags of corn that I paid too much for but wanted to try
just to say I did it.

Attachments

• Wood Fibers, INC.jpg
    Wood Fibers, INC.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 567
  • Heat'rs.jpg
    Heat'rs.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 976
  • Bags-O-Heat.jpg
    Bags-O-Heat.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 606
Ive burned about 20 or 30 bags of the heatrs pellets this year and I liked them they seemed to burn well. I also did a little research on them and found that the same company also makes greentree brand as well and I burned about 4 tons of those last year with no problems

I've been burning the Wood Fibers ones. Seem to go through my stove ok. I've found a few longer ones. Can usually break them appart when loading the hopper. I dump mine into a 5 gallon bucket first though.

I've also got a bunch of Michigan brand pellets. Along with some Somersets. My stove loves thoes, trying to save them gor the real cold weather.

Greenway Super Premiums are all red oak pellets.

They are excellent, smell good and oakey when you open the bag.

They are from Tennessee, byproducts of a lumber operation that makes wood flooring.

I bought them at Lowes last season, and look for them when I can. I was told by a Greenway rep that they mostly ship to the midwest so I was lucky to find them in south central PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.