Picked up the Summit yesterday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Well, I picked her up, and wrestled her solo into the house.
Actually didn't go to bad. Backed the truck up to the back porch, took tailgate off. Pulled the whole pallet with insert inside back to the edge of tailgate. Eased her down on one end to the concrete porch. Wiggled her back and forth working her back. Then just spun her down to the porch. slid across to door opening to living room. Busted pallet sides & top off, unbolted her from the pallet bottom, then worked her a lil at a time off the pallet side to side down the 2 steps, glided down the carpeted steps and onto my furniture dolly. Wallah in the house, back not too bad. Still on dolly on top a pc of 1/2 pressure treated plywood until I tear old insert out.
I have dealer working on liner pricing for me. I can get it online also. Ventpipec.om. anyone dealt with them? Anyways, I decided to wait til old inserts out and get a true measurement foir liner and also determine whether I need a 3 or 5 foot flex through smoke shelf. I want to order as exactly as I need so not to spend unneeded cash and not have to fumble around as least as possible. I know Iam going slow, but I rush nothing when comes to my projects. I want to do it right the first time, well thought out and least frustrations as possible. Well here's a pic of the new Summit patiently waiting to be inserted into her new home.
PIC00002.jpg

Willhound said:
Oooooh, aaaaaahhh. So shiny, so pure, so new......

Aye, can't wait to deflower my virgin Summit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.