Pics from the Woods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
These little guys kept the cat busy for a couple of hours, can anyone ID the bird?

zap

Attachments

• Pics from the Woods
    100_5273.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Pics from the Woods
    100_5283.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 146
  • Pics from the Woods
    100_5285.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Pics from the Woods
    100_5294.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Pics from the Woods
    100_5295.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Pics from the Woods
    100_5296.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 136
  • Pics from the Woods
    100_5298.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Pics from the Woods
    100_5299.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 126
Looks like a type of woodpecker. A redbelly or a flicker, perhaps. Did it have a crest?

Yup, northern Flicker is your winner..............................I ll venture a guess on the bottom one........BLUE JAY, LOL Must be like fantasy land for that cat!

Flickers are pretty interesting birds. They make nests in the strangest places. I've seen them banging their bills off of metal poles trying to get in. I also had one last fall drilling holes in my cedar siding along the chimney. Hope that doesn't mean I have ants in there! Loads of them migrate through our area in the fall too.

those chippies are cute little buggers but they can be a real PITA. The guy who owns the property at the job we just finished up on has a chipmunk epidemic over there. There must have been a hundred on his property, fighting and carrying on, getting in his garage, etc. I like looking at them when they are NOT on my property.......lol. Great pics, Zap.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Status
Not open for further replies.