Pics of my weekend haul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyscott

Apr 6, 2009
arkansas
Finally took the Ranger down into my woods to start hauling out. Still muddy on the trail, especially on the steep parts... not good. I decided to reduce the load a bit and had no problem getting out. Prolly have 10 more trips to pick up just rounds already on the ground + 3-4 more trees not yet chain-sawed. All are uprooted 2-3 feet off the ground laying horizontally... easy pick ins.

Pile of rounds is 2 years from now burning wood.... red oak I believe.

Note log behind rear wheel. Started taking extra precaution... Parking on a hill, unloading from the back. If it rolled back, it may take me out, the satellite dish for sure, not to mention ending up 200 feet down into the woods.

Threw in a pic of my stacks... not the greatest but they're off the ground for the most part.

Last pic is of what used to be my backyard. Waited 4 weeks for dry weather & it never came... oh well.

Attachments

• maul  2-14 010.jpg
    maul 2-14 010.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 555
  • maul  2-14 009.jpg
    maul 2-14 009.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 539
  • maul  2-14 011.jpg
    maul 2-14 011.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 569
  • maul  2-14 012.jpg
    maul 2-14 012.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 529
cool set up..

Nice - looks like cherry

leftyscott said:
Finally took the Ranger down into my woods to start hauling out. Still muddy on the trail, especially on the steep parts... not good. I decided to reduce the load a bit and had no problem getting out. Prolly have 10 more trips to pick up just rounds already on the ground + 3-4 more trees not yet chain-sawed. All are uprooted 2-3 feet off the ground laying horizontally... easy pick ins.

Pile of rounds is 2 years from now burning wood.... red oak I believe.

Note log behind rear wheel. Started taking extra precaution... Parking on a hill, unloading from the back. If it rolled back, it may take me out, the satellite dish for sure, not to mention ending up 200 feet down into the woods.

Threw in a pic of my stacks... not the greatest but they're off the ground for the most part.

Last pic is of what used to be my backyard. Waited 4 weeks for dry weather & it never came... oh well.

Looks like you get good use of the Ranger, how do you like it?

Zap

Very nice set up. Mini logging truck :)
Is that snow patches by the wood pile?
Yuck for the yard, we call it "break up" (snow melts, yard yuck, do nothing outside for a bout 2 weeks.)
Nice pile of seasoned wood & fresh rounds ;)
Good job

I think it looks like Red Oak, or one of several related oaks that grow in Arkansas. Should make great firewood, save it for a really cold night. In Arkansas what passes for a cold night?

Wood Duck said:
I think it looks like Red Oak, or one of several related oaks that grow in Arkansas. Should make great firewood, save it for a really cold night. In Arkansas what passes for a cold night?
Lows have been in the mid 20's range and below all winter, seems like. Coldest winter I've experienced in the 13 years I've lived n AR. We've had snow on the ground for nearly 3 weeks now. That's unheard of in AR.

I grew up in PA. so cold weather doesn't bother me.
Wood Duck, where are you from?

Those rounds of Red Oak look stank and heavy. Nice score!

btw nice homemade chock block behind your wheel there!

WoodButcher

Nice work. It does look odd at this time of the year seeing bare ground. I wonder how long before the rest of us are able to see bare ground? There is a lot of that white stuff laying around now.

Backwoods Savage said:
Nice work. It does look odd at this time of the year seeing bare ground. I wonder how long before the rest of us are able to see bare ground? There is a lot of that white stuff laying around now.

+1 on waiting to see bare ground, but can't complain - light snow year in NH so far, but ~ 8" coming in right now (okay, not quite up to mid-Atlantic standards!). Nice wood piles and looks like red oak to me as well. Good excuse the get the Gator dirty! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.