Pics of my wood shed...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WES999

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2008
Mass north of Boston
Well seeing how everyone is posting pics of their wood shed I thought I would post a pic of mine. The floor is pallets as you can see. The frame is made from 1x6 strapping; I was able to get the wood for free from a company that was giving away surplus skids.

I haven’t decided what to do for the roof yet. The simplest thing would be to just throw a tarp over the top. I was considering using clear PVC corrugated panels like these:
http://palramamericas.com
palruf corrugated PVC panels, they have them at Home Depot.

I would think the clear would let the sunlight in but keep the rain and snow out. Any one have any experience with this material?

Attachments

• Picture 094.jpg
    Picture 094.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 521
  • Picture 093.jpg
    Picture 093.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 546
It's gonna be a beauty. Keep the rain & snow out, fer sure. As far as roofing goes, I'm not sure that trying to build it with transparent or translucent roofing, like a greenhouse, is the goal with a woodshed. A woodshed needs good ventilation, above all else, I think. A dark, solid roof will absorb a whole lot of heat, and the ventilation will carry the moisture away to outside the shed. That's my theory, anyway. Lookin' good, keep us posted! Rick

Looking good! :)I thought about using what you might do to the roof but got a good deal on some plywood.No wood in mine yet!But hoping soon

looks good, how much wood you figure it will hold?? have you taken the inside measurements yet

stanleyjohn said:
...No wood in mine yet!But hoping soon

SJ, this isn't like putting your tooth under the pillow...you can't just put up a nice shed like yours and then wait. This is not a ballpark carved out of a corn field in Iowa. You gotta put wood in it!. :cheese: Rick

Looks good. I was thinking of using those clear panels for my future wood shed addition off the side of my garage. While good ventilation is a must, some good baking by the sun doesn't hurt either.

fossil said:
SJ, this isn't like putting your tooth under the pillow...you can't just put up a nice shed like yours and then wait. This is not a ballpark carved out of a corn field in Iowa. You gotta put wood in it!. :cheese: Rick

"Shed of Dreams"?

BrotherBart said:
fossil said:

"Shed of Dreams"?

Yeah, exactly...the wood would already be very well seasoned. If only... :lol: Rick

Wess999, that will be a nice woodshed for sure. Don't know about a clear roof on one. Mostly when I get wood after work in the winter it is already dark so the clear roof letting in light wouldn't work for me. I used a metal roof and it has been there 30 years with no leaks and just a little rust showing now. Whatever you decide will work ok for you as long as it sheds snow and water.

fossil said:
BrotherBart said:
fossil said:

"Shed of Dreams"?

Yeah, exactly...the wood would already be very well seasoned. If only... :lol: Rick

Brats and beer really help the wood collection along. Don't forget them. :)

Carl said:
...Brats and beer really help the wood collection along. Don't forget them. :)

Brats & beer help everything...from acne to arthritis. From the sweetgrass to the packing house. Brats & beer pave the road I will travel. Until I'm ash in the can, I'll cling to my brats & my beer. Just try to take them from me. >:-( Rick

fossil said:
stanleyjohn said:
...No wood in mine yet!But hoping soon

Build it and the wood will come. :) Seriously!I have a few cords ready to burn this coming season!With the little gift i got from Uncle Sam im looking for a few cords to buy from some local wood dealer.Not sure what its going for around here!hoping $300 a cord tops.

Looking good! Looking good! put my wood shed up a few months ago and I put ply wood and that rolled roofing on mine. Looks good, worked well and was very fast and easy. And it was a lil cheaper than the stuff your talking about. At least the prices I got from big box mart anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.