Picture of my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack22

Mar 10, 2011
Warren County, New Jersey
This is my first time trying to post a picture so I hope it works. This is my Woodstock Keystone on a black granite tile hearth that my friend and I built. The stove is not positioned properly yet in case anyone is having doubts about clearences. All I need now is to have the pipe installed.

Attachments

• bronco 22 030-3.jpg
    bronco 22 030-3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 812
That is just too pretty to start a fire in it.

Nice stove. You are gonna love it.

Congrats!!! Everything is looking really good!!!

Wow!

Agree w/BB--no way can you be getting ashes all over that thing. Put a pot on top with a red geranium growing in it and call it good.

The white stove looks good with the black granite

Looks great enjoy, I know you are proud. :zip:

Sweet looking hearth Jack. That should be a winner.

Beautiful.

Great looking stove - haven't seen that color yet.

Welcome to the Keystone Club!

Bill

Quite striking! Love the gray cast iron with the soapstone and the black hearth. Well done!!

Looks so purdy and clean. nice looking hearth, will be quite a sight with flames in it.

Shawn

Great stove from a great company and a great install. Congratulations.

Nice. Very nice. Love the clean, classic look.

What about your connector? Is there a matching pipe for that?

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. The easy part is done. Now the chimney needs to be installed through a couple of floors and out the roof. I am looking forward to lighting the first fire.

ploughboy said:
Nice. Very nice. Love the clean, classic look.

What about your connector? Is there a matching pipe for that?

Connector is going to be black stove pipe. I am still deciding if I want to paint it to match the stove or just keep it black to match the hearth.

paint it to match! i think that would look neat!

i dont think i ever seen such a light colored stove, pretty cool looking.

I, too, vote for painting it to match the stove. Would look nice against the walls as well. But, then again, you have done a great job so far, who am I to offer an opinion, I can never tell how something is going to look until I see it ;-P So, go with what you think will look best, either way will be great.

The black granite really sets off the stove brilliantly.

Bet you can't wait for the fall so you can get the fire lit :)

Thanks again to everyone for the compliments. The stove actually looks allot lighter in the picture than it does in the photo. I will probably install the pipe before I paint it, see how it looks and then decide ware to go from there. This forum has been a real help for me. I have not participated that much but I have read so many posts and learned allot. I enjoy looking at all the pictures that people post so I figured its about time to post one myself. My wife is going to think I'm crazy but I am going to try to take some pictures of my wood stacks and post them in the next few days. Actually it is probably best that I do not tell my wife that I am posting pictures of firewood because she does not share my enthusiasm. I bet after are house is nice and toasty in the winter she will understand a little bit better. I really canot wait to have the first fire. I am picturing myself right now in the fall with the leaves on the trees nice and colored, cool crisp air outside, football on tv, nice cold beer in my hand with a beautiful fire burning in the keystone. Can't wait.

That's a fine vision, indeed.

I agree with you about the black pipe. I think it will help visually balance the black hearth, and tie it together with the white stove and white walls. You can always paint it white later if you don't like it. But live with it awhile first.

I have the conviction that one of the driving forces of civilization, if not the primary one, for the last 10 thousand years or so, has been the desire on the part of females to have a warm posterior. She'll come around. My son picked up his father's criticism of my plan to install a wood stove, so he quoted him almost word-for-word on why it was a bad idea. His position would have been stronger if he wasn't standing next to the stove toasting his buns at the time.

Jack22 said:
Actually it is probably best that I do not tell my wife that I am posting pictures of firewood because she does not share my enthusiasm.

It is one of those things that need to be approached gently, preferably after she has sat by a warm fire or two on a cold winters evening.

Some guys never own up, just in case ;-)

if you painted the stove pipe black and white checkers it might be a slight compromise.

I kinda suspect your wifes enthusiasm will change after a few trips back from the cold kitchen bringing you your beer into the toasty warm TV room during game time. :cheese:

I'm just saying.

Dirt

Status
Not open for further replies.