1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pictures of wood stoves in alcoves

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by BrianN, Feb 14, 2013.

1. ArsenalDon

ArsenalDon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Meadow Valley, CA
    stunning

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrianN

BrianN Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Central BC
    Thanks sodbuster, exactly what I was looking for. That will give the wife a very good idea as to what it will look like.
    Do you have an floor above the stove? I am asking because we do, and I am thinking about leaving it open inside and putting some airflow vents upstairs so that the hot air rises and goes through the air vents, then, our ceiling fan at the top of the stairs will push air down to recirculate.
    Oh, and we are just at the final pricing stage. This is getting exciting. Can't wait for the weather to warm up now, so we can get started, and finished.
  3. Sodbuster

Sodbuster New Member

Loc:
    Hartland, MI
    Here's a couple more pics to help with the layout of our installation. The room where the stove is located, is open to a vaulted ceiling, with a balcony overlooking the stove area. There is a bedroom on the second floor directly behind the chimney. The ceiling of my alcove is blocked off, I needed to frame for a chimney support, plus I figured any warm air moving through the chase would run right out the the top of the chimney before it did any good upstairs. Our stove is doing a great job, the upstairs is really warm, and the downstairs is warmer than we kept it with propane :). Second pic is the stove guy pulling the old chimney out through the top of the chase. Hope this helps. SB

Attached Files: