Pig application...first post

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornstar

Nov 4, 2011
SW WI
Greetings...

I'm new here, and thought I'd put in my ap for Pellet Pig.

I've been burning corn for four years, and before that I heated with an outside wood boiler. Got tired of burning 12 full cords a year, and switched to corn. With corn prices up, I decided to explore pellets, and I they are working well for me.

Anyway, I bought these pellets in September/October, and hauled them (one ton at a time), in my old 92 Chevy 4wd.

Looking forward to learning from this board....Thanks!

I will second your nomination for Pellet Pig status
we must now wait on popah's approval

I wanna get all sweaty and naked and roll around in pellets :p

PJPellet said:

There's a mental image we can all do without
ugh.gif

:lol:

PJPellet said:
Bad image thinking of an adult doing that, but kind of funny since my 6 year old has Sensory Integration Disorder
and she puts on a pair of shorts and t-shirt and tries to swim in the 5 gallon pails of pellets that I line up inside the door, and it actually helps with the SID, although the mess she makes is a nightmare! thinking of making her a 'pellet box' instead of a sandbox.

Cornstar said:
Greetings...

I'm new here, and thought I'd put in my ap for Pellet Pig.

I've been burning corn for four years, and before that I heated with an outside wood boiler. Got tired of burning 12 full cords a year, and switched to corn. With corn prices up, I decided to explore pellets, and I they are working well for me.

Anyway, I bought these pellets in September/October, and hauled them (one ton at a time), in my old 92 Chevy 4wd.

Looking forward to learning from this board....Thanks!

So you abused your 92 beater, have more than 3 ton on hand before first frost, sounds like you qualify.

Welcome to the forum and the Pellet Pig Club.

Please add the following to your signature.

“Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club†OINK OINK!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselvesâ€-eernest4-Grand Poobah-Pellet Pig Club

Go forth among the pellet piles informing the masses of the goodness of pellet warmth and the hobby of pellet collecting.

guess ill need an application as well. gettin four tons of somersets delivered tomorrow. $800 delivered. nice sale goin on at menards.

ive got 3 tons of uncle jeds in the shed....guess i should get around and get the formal signature eh?

Like I said earlier this fall, Were gonna have a busy season!

burrman said:
ive got 3 tons of uncle jeds in the shed....guess i should get around and get the formal signature eh?

Sure your in! Add the following to your sig! Welcome fellow piggy!

“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselvesâ€-eernest4-Grand Poobah-Pellet Pig Club

imacman will be along to collect the beer, er eh dues money! ;-)

I'll join too, I have 3 tons of Somersets in the garage and am going out in a little while to bring home a ton of AWF's for the shoulder season.

ebengel said:
I'll join too, I have 3 tons of Somersets in the garage and am going out in a little while to bring home a ton of AWF's for the shoulder season.

Add the following to your sig! Welcome fellow piggy!

Where's our dues collector at? The fridge should be plenty full by now. ;-)

j-takeman said:
ebengel said:

Add the following to your sig! Welcome fellow piggy!

Where's our dues collector at? The fridge should be plenty full by now. ;-)

One would think so, evidently the newly appointed bribe(I mean dues) collection enforcement officer is slacking as well.

Thank you all, where do I send the beer, er, dues money?

I just had 4 tons delivered but it was after our first freak snowstorm in October so I'll have to wait until next year to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.