pile isnt seeming to get bigger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
man i keep adding to the pile..but it doesnt seem to be getting bigger...

2012-03-02112227.gif

Looks like a stout pile of sycamore to me.

well they say wood does shrink when it gets wet

Adding a few rocks to a mountain doesn't seem to make the mountain look any bigger either! ;-P Nice pile of wood there - you've been busy! Cheers!

What do you mean?
It's starting to roll splits down onto the trail. :)

Nice pile of wood. Great picture.

Lots of work in a pile that size. Good job!

Get that damn log out of the view and add it to the pile. Steel...ur slack'n!

looks pretty damn big to me!! you gotta be gettin 'sick of more' sycamore, steelie........lol....

It would be nice if you just stack it right there. That's what we do. Cut in winter and pile it up but pile it where we intend to stack it in the spring. That open space you have would be a great place to dry the wood.

That's the plan backwoods

Backwoods Savage said:
It would be nice if you just stack it right there. That's what we do. Cut in winter and pile it up but pile it where we intend to stack it in the spring. That open space you have would be a great place to dry the wood.

steeltowninwv said:

I thought you guys have had "Spring",,,,,,, since Oct 2011. :) :lol:

pretty much have dave..its been nice very nice..able to get alot of wood cut i couldnt normally do in the winter months

It's one of those optical illusion things, like watching your own kids grow. You don't notice a child get taller on a day-to-day basis (or the pile grow a split at a time), but to someone that visits occasionally- man, the kid got big fast. You will sure know the pile of splits is a MOUNTAIN of wood once the stacking starts! Lot of hard work there on a BIG pile of splits. Way to go!

bogydave said:
Backwoods Savage said:

steeltowninwv said:

I thought you guys have had "Spring",,,,,,, since Oct 2011. :) :lol:

Partially true Dave. Winter set in a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.