Pile O'Pecan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mudbug250

Burning Hunk
Dec 17, 2011
Central Mississippi
Got finished splitting the rest of the pecan today. Then I was able to stack about a third of it. I know it is not stacked very tight, but I have already run a 5k this morning and it is in the mid 90's this afternoon, and I still have softball practice to go tonight. So please forgive my sloppiness in stacking. IMG_0040.JPGIMG_0041.JPGIMG_0042.JPG

Stack looks great to me!
At that temp, any chance the stack will spontaneously combust ? LOL ==c

Reactions: milleo
5K run, firewood, softball practice....man are you lazy;lol. You need more things to jam into a 90 degree day!

I wish I had some Pecan to burn but I never get any here in PA. Looks GREAT! Now go get off your butt and do SOMETHING! :)

Thy sins be forgiven thee, go and sin no more. :eek: Except steal some bases will ya!

Your stacking and wood looks great! I hope after your 5K run, your wood choppin' and your softball practice, you sit back in your easy chair, and have some chill time! Too bad it's in the 90's, you could chill in front of a nice, warm fire!

I know it is not stacked very tight, but I have already run a 5k this morning and it is in the mid 90's this afternoon, and I still have softball practice to go tonight.
You could have conserved energy by running the stack the long way on the pallet, instead of across. Then you would have only had to pound in one T-post. :p;)

You could have conserved energy by running the stack the long way on the pallet, instead of across. Then you would have only had to pound in one T-post. :p;)
Good point but can also use that as the end now and run the rest of the stack the long way.

Worry not about stacks being a bit loose. That way it will dry faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.