Pine Burners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably . . . if not on the ground . . . but why would you ever need to buy pine Zap??? ;)

even 12 inch square pieces are probably well seasoned after 3 to 4 years.

I've burned a pine barn - boards, beams and joists
even the posts and joists I had to be careful not to throw a whole bunch in at the same time
the boards burned like slabs - fast and furious
lots of square cut nails

firefighterjake said:
Probably . . . if not on the ground . . . but why would you ever need to buy pine Zap??? ;)

I just decided to search firewood when I was on craigslist, I have all the wood I can handle. Jake great looking shed and I see you have some wood left from 09.

zap

25 bucks a cord split and delivered is hard to argue with as long as its not a NY cord.

zapny said:
firefighterjake said:

I just decided to search firewood when I was on craigslist, I have all the wood I can handle. Jake great looking shed and I see you have some wood left from 09.

zap

Actually while I did have wood left over from 2009-2010's wood burning season . . . I mark the date on the wood when I load it into the shed . . . hence the "2009" date means it was loaded into the shed in the Fall of 2009 after having been outside for a year . . . should burn nice this Fall when I get done burning my chunks, punks and uglies.

Status
Not open for further replies.