Pine Hauled Out Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
We brought the truck up in the bowl then filled it with Pine from up top, just after I put the second trailer load in the truck the boss showed up from takng her walk so she took the truck home, I made one more run up top to fill the trailer then went home so I could get this stacked.

Went up top today to grab the last of the pine, added another eight foot section for a total of 32 feet long, four feet high about 15 inches long which should give us 1.25 cord of pine for the shoulder season.

Attached are some new pictures, when I was coming down from up top I noticed this little guy watching.

zap 100_4814.JPG100_4815.JPGView attachment 63914View attachment 63915

Attachments

• 100_4835.JPG
    100_4835.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_4836.JPG
    100_4836.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 100_4844.JPG
    100_4844.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_4845.JPG
    100_4845.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: aroth and smokinj
Another steller performance, Zap. The rain is really screwing my weekend up, still waiting for that guy to call me about milling these damm logs tonight. Looks like you dodged the rain....for now. We got hammered all day long, a break here and there, but it's daggone soggy out! At least I got all the tops from that walnut hauled to the stack and unloaded today, albeit I got soaking wet!

SO, looks like the rain moves in tonight in our area, for Sunday it's saying rain in the morning. Still have some pine & hemlock back in the woods that needs stacking along with what I c/s by the house, we should have just over four cord of shoulder season wood if we need it.

Looking forward to seeing the wood after it is milled.

zap

SO, looks like the rain moves in tonight in our area, for Sunday it's saying rain in the morning. Still have some pine & hemlock back in the woods that needs stacking along with what I c/s by the house, we should have just over four cord of shoulder season wood if we need it.

Looking forward to seeing the wood after it is milled.

zap

zap how much wood you go through in an average year? 4 cord just for the shoulder seasons seems like a lot!

zap how much wood you go through in an average year? 4 cord just for the shoulder seasons seems like a lot!
We usually burn just over three cord of Cherry per year, .62 of cord of good hardwood (beech & sugar maple). This past heating season was our first with shoulder season wood, the pine pictured was down so I'm cleaning up the lot. My plan is to have about one or more cord left for the spring, I think we burned just under two cord of bigtooth aspen this past fall.

zap

Hey Zap, what stove are you burning? I got some pine for shoulder season next year too, not as much as you, I used some of it to make kindling.

WG, we are burning with the Lopi Liberty, the way it burns I'm thinking about a pipe damper. The thing runs up to a stove top temp of 675-700 with ease, pine burns hot so that is why I'm thinking of a pipe damper.
zap

Status
Not open for further replies.