Pine ID @ the Zoo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2010
Southeastern PA
While down the NJ shore this summer, stopped by the Cape May Zoo. There were a ton of these around. What say you?

Attachments

• IMG_1213.jpg
    IMG_1213.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1212.jpg
    IMG_1212.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1210.jpg
    IMG_1210.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 257
It looks like Scotch Pine.

zap

The first one is a telephone pole. The other two might be scotch pine. :coolsmile:

bluedogz said:
The first one is a telephone pole. The other two might be scotch pine. :coolsmile:

Thanks for the laugh Bluedogz . . . I needed one today.

bluedogz said:

Here's your sign......................

Stax said:
While down the NJ shore this summer, stopped by the Cape May Zoo. There were a ton of these around. What say you?

Stax,
As for the trees, I got nothing other than pine.
As for the zoo, not sure it is the same one but we went to a zoo near wildwood, close to cape may, impressive bald eagle exhibit. Did you see it by chance? Those birds are massive!

I think it was the Cape May County Zoo. As for the eagles...there were only 2. If thats what you're talking about, yes, they were huge.

That is 100% Pitch Pine. You can tell by the pine needles growing directly out of the trunk in the one photo. You have to be careful putting a tree stand in them, Ive slid straight to the bottom a few times, bark comes right off.

BrianA said:
That is 100% Pitch Pine. You can tell by the pine needles growing directly out of the trunk in the one photo. You have to be careful putting a tree stand in them, Ive slid straight to the bottom a few times, bark comes right off.
+1 Pitch Pine at the Popcorn Zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.