PineyII Pine Barren Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetleaf

Hearth Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Northern New Jersey
I recently purchased a used pine barren wood stove called the PineyII. It didn't come with an owners manual. I have spoken to the man who makes them and he doesn't have the info I need. My problem is this: I want to put the stove in an existing prefab fireplace with triple insulated stovepipe and need to know the clearance requirements and if this is even possible. Please if anyone has any info on this stove or installation type, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

"I have spoken to the man who makes them and he doesn’t have the info I need." That is quite the puzzler.
So, w/o testing - you need 36" clearance to all combustibles. Is prefab fireplace a cheapo spec builder one - sheet metal and thin fire brick? If so, you don't want to put an insert into it. Can you take and post pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.