Pinnacle/Traeger Boiler Burn Pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I'm new to this forum. I just purchased a used Pinnacle/Traeger PB 150 that is 1 year old from a dealer in Mass. They said that I would need to purchase a different stainless burn pot for burning corn and other grain due to the higher fuel burning temperature. Anyone have any experience with this? The owners manual doesn't say a thing about it.

Apple Farmer

bull chit -- you will want a second to switch out as it will fill with starch clinker and you will have to soak it for a day to soften and remove the clinker

if you mix in by volume at least 20% wood pellets -- you can run the same pot all season -- just dump the pot every day by pulling the ash slide and restarting withe a soup can of pellets and mineral spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.