piping drawing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

__dan

Feeling the Heat
Oct 5, 2011
Updated drawing. I took the hint to simplify.

Circs marked VAR, I have Weil McLain - Tekmar variable speed OA reset injection pump controllers for. Bought them on Ebay for $70. each (bought eight). Circs will be Taco 007 IFC and 00R IFC.

I wanted the short direct loops for fast heat from a cold start, especially on oil. So, the storage is regarded as a separate zone, hopefully. I really don't want heat creep and ghost flows. I want to burn half a load, one armload, of wood from a cold start and get heat straight to the load. Basement slab circs are always on when firing on wood.

Comments welcome, especially for check locations.

Chris, your hardcopy goes in the mail today. Thank You

Attachments

• piping draft3.jpg
    piping draft3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 447
The expansion tank you are showing is much too small for 400 gallons+ system volume. Still seems unnecessarily complicated - why not just use the "Automix-Single Tank" drawing? Just pull off immediately after the tank for your indirect and I think it meets all your needs?

Holy sh!#! You are going to have some time and money into that set-up. Is it going in right away? A Froling! That should be like driving a Lexus. Sweet man, sweeeet! Good luck. And keep us posted, with pics of course. Can't wait to see it.

Tarm Sales Guy said:
The expansion tank you are showing is much too small for 400 gallons+ system volume. Still seems unnecessarily complicated - why not just use the "Automix-Single Tank" drawing? Just pull off immediately after the tank for your indirect and I think it meets all your needs?

Thank You Chris

Yes, I know about the the expansion tank volume. Everything on the drawing is going in now except for the storage tank, which will be next year along with a larger exp. tank at the same tap point. For this winter, I will try firing small partial loads when the house is cool and use the radiant slabs for storage. The Froling will either dial in to the load and modulate somewhat in range at HW supply setpoint, or .. Since it's radiant heat, I plan to set up with a low HW supply discharge setpoint and a high, high limit, to give the Froling range to work. I can also set all the slab circs to run full and have the VAR cics run at 140 - 150 setpoint to maintain load on the Froling when firing. I could also rush and buy the storage tank this year if none of the above works.

The complexity factor is right in my comfort zone. Some parts are simple. If a circ fails I can pop in another box stock 007 instead of a specialized money circ with integrated controls. The Tekmar injection pump controls off Ebay really happened at the right time.

Thank You for the great product and the great support

Gasifier said:
with pics of course.

Figure two weeks for some build photos.

Something for now, no more file space

Attachments

• panasonic 047.jpg
    panasonic 047.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 1,322
  • panasonic 048.jpg
    panasonic 048.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 343
__dan said:
Gasifier said:
with pics of course.

Figure two weeks for some build photos.

Something for now, no more file space

Oh! That ain't right man. Wood Boiler teasing! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.