1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Play Ball!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by bfunk13, May 12, 2012.

1. bfunk13

bfunk13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Wyoming
    My 7 year old started baseball this year. Today was opening day.
    0-0 final score. Some good action though. I am doing assistant coaching to help out. Brings back memories. DSCN4678.JPG DSCN4685.JPG DSCN4691.JPG DSCN4696.JPG

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Looks to be a player out there ;)

Helping coach is a Big deal. Been assistant Coach for years now. I work most Saturdays, otherwise I would be Head Coach (games every Saturday, Mon, Wed, and sometimes Thurs).

My son has been playing for 5 yrs now.... We love it.

Family Sport thats lots of fun. You got a winner on your hands......... Congrats. Good luck this year.
    bfunk13 likes this.
  3. Gary_602z

Gary_602z Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    Nice shots! Did the baseball,football,dance,wrestling,tennis,basketball stuff for about 20 years with my kids. Lived on hotdogs and popcorn for most of my life!:)

Gary
    bfunk13 likes this.
  4. bfunk13

bfunk13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Wyoming
    It's been fun so far. Our first sporting event he wanted to do. I was amazed how many parents use it as a baby sitter and don't contribute or at least show up. I was watching the practices and the coach had his hands full with 12 kids who have no idea yet, so i decided to help out. Gives the kids twice as many reps during practice and lets me burn off some of that pizza. We are both enjoying it, Good times!
  5. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I did the coaching thing for several years and I really enjoyed it. My son has since decided he doesn't want to play baseball so I didn't force him. Now my daughter is in her second year of tee-ball and I'm looking forward to that again. I've been asked to help out coaching but with the tree cutting I do on the side I may have to turn that down. We've been very busy! Thanks for sharing your pics, looks like he's enjoying it as much as you out there!
    bfunk13 likes this.
  6. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Always enjoy seeing that.
    I've got 2 granddaughters in fast pitch softball......1's 7, the other's 8. Never heard of that for such young kids, but they're doing well. Another is in soccer. Very tall for her age (mom is 5'10" and dad is about 6' 5") and towers over the other kids.
    All we ever did was play pickup games at the local school yard.
    bfunk13 likes this.