Play Ball!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
My 7 year old started baseball this year. Today was opening day.
0-0 final score. Some good action though. I am doing assistant coaching to help out. Brings back memories.
DSCN4678.JPG
DSCN4685.JPG
DSCN4691.JPG
DSCN4696.JPG

Looks to be a player out there ;)

Helping coach is a Big deal. Been assistant Coach for years now. I work most Saturdays, otherwise I would be Head Coach (games every Saturday, Mon, Wed, and sometimes Thurs).

My son has been playing for 5 yrs now.... We love it.

Family Sport thats lots of fun. You got a winner on your hands......... Congrats. Good luck this year.

Reactions: bfunk13
Nice shots! Did the baseball,football,dance,wrestling,tennis,basketball stuff for about 20 years with my kids. Lived on hotdogs and popcorn for most of my life!:)

Gary

It's been fun so far. Our first sporting event he wanted to do. I was amazed how many parents use it as a baby sitter and don't contribute or at least show up. I was watching the practices and the coach had his hands full with 12 kids who have no idea yet, so i decided to help out. Gives the kids twice as many reps during practice and lets me burn off some of that pizza. We are both enjoying it, Good times!

I did the coaching thing for several years and I really enjoyed it. My son has since decided he doesn't want to play baseball so I didn't force him. Now my daughter is in her second year of tee-ball and I'm looking forward to that again. I've been asked to help out coaching but with the tree cutting I do on the side I may have to turn that down. We've been very busy! Thanks for sharing your pics, looks like he's enjoying it as much as you out there!

Always enjoy seeing that.
I've got 2 granddaughters in fast pitch softball......1's 7, the other's 8. Never heard of that for such young kids, but they're doing well. Another is in soccer. Very tall for her age (mom is 5'10" and dad is about 6' 5") and towers over the other kids.
All we ever did was play pickup games at the local school yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.