Please help explain pellet stove types/features for me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeRanger

Jul 9, 2008
Norhtern VT
I've been doing a ton of reading and just getting confused. I'm reading up on stoves and come across items like if they're an up draft or down draft type and can't figure out what this means. I do see that some folks have trouble w/ one more than the other. Well, maybe not trouble, but that one type my require more TLC than the other. But when looking at model literature I can't often find what type of "draft" a stove is. Can someone please explain the difference and maybe point out some model examples for me? I'm looking for a stove that does not need such TLC and will operate in very cold climate conditions.
Thank you very much,
j

Are you talking about Pellet Stoves ?

My pipe is all of 4 feet. Right out the back of the stove with a outside cover.

Since 1995 it's been that way. I have zero problems, zero repairs with the pipe.
Pellets stove have an exhaust fan... no draft needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.