Please help, Lopi Revere, questionable weld on flue of new insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rick zagrzebski

Oct 22, 2013
arroyo grande, ca
Please help, take a look at the pictures.
We had a new Lopi Revere installed today. I inspected the weld between the flue collar and the firebox (inside the air chamber) and it looks questionable. The weld is looks good except for about a 2inch section that has burned into the top of the stove plate about 1/8 inch. The top plate is 5/16 inch.
See attached photos. The installers say this is acceptable. They sent pictures to the factory and they said it is probably ok. Did not give me much confidence. DSC04311.JPG We are new to having a fireplace insert. What do you think?
Thanks,
Rick

Attachments

• DSC04298.JPG
    DSC04298.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC04300.JPG
    DSC04300.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC04311.JPG
    DSC04311.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 143
I am not a certified welder or inspector, but I have welded quite a bit over the years. I don't see anything there that would scare me.

Status
Not open for further replies.