please help me find info on gold marc industries

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxemographyxx

Oct 28, 2007
loch sheldrake NY
i have a gold marc industries wood / coal stove, the "Monticello" model made in 1980. the trouble is i cant find any info on it or the company anywhere on the internet! i need to locate a new blower for it or one that will work, and id like to know the history of it but im hitting nothing but dead ends. anyone with ANY leads would be greatly appreiciated.

Can you post a couple pictures of the blower and blower assembly, maybe with a tape measure in them?

These were all stock blowers - I'll bet you can walk into your local Graingers and find a replacement......

Our store sold Gold Marc, and one of our forum users has one...an insert. I don't remember that exact model you have - we sold mostly the insert and maybe a couple of their Prospector freestanders.

thank you all for the input, it gives me hope that information is avalible. i will try to get a picture of the blower assembly and the stove up so they can be seen. last winter was the first time i used the stove as well as when i found the blower motor was no good. the only moter i had with the same shaft diamiter was off an old metal desk to fan so i stuck that on there. my idea would have work perfectly IF the motor spun in the correct direction. it did not. i couldnt reverse the polarity of the motor either due to the wiring design. i must say i am quite impressed with this stoves performance all else aside. it is a replacement for a front loading qadra fire wich i feel is really not a good stove (a real pain in the keister to get going and controll). if anyone can diect me to a site that has info on the history of the gold marc company that would be appreciated as well, i like to know the history of things i own. thanks again to all.

Now there is a first. A Quad dumpstered for a Gold Marc.

Bet Quadrafire won't be using that in any ads. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.