Please Help me with ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ithicaxl

Mar 11, 2008
Canada
I have bought a Woodstove for my garage and foolishly did not check the model.
I now have the stove installed and Insurance won't cover me unless I tell them the model.
Can someone take a look at a pic of it and tell me if you know the model. I'm sure it was somewhere in the 500-700 dollar range new.
Thanks

I had a beautiful Vermont Castings Intrepid II that I was going to put in the garage, but the person who bought my last house (where the Intrepid was) had it put in as a condition that it be left!!!!

It was brand new used a dozen times, bought from an estate sale for $200

This one is a long way drom that one

Mike in Canada
d7d3_20.jpg

Well until I can figure it out I am screwed!!!! There is not a stamp or mark or tag on it. i can see where the tag onces was stuck on the back.

It has heat shields on back and sides and bottom. Vents are on the front sides top corners,

There is brass on the door and on the catch.

It is brick lined.

It is a useless piece of iron right now.

as long as the stove is CSA approved or similar, there is not a problem. In fact, my insurance won't even change.

good for few beers out in the garage after hunting! : )

I've seen this stove before, can't place it yet. The legs look like Drolet, but the door seems lighter duty.

I have been llooking at Drolet models, nothing

I thought I found it in a Spokane 1750, nope not it either.

Hate to have to buy another one.

Hello ithicaxl,

If the inspector doesn’t know the name, he probably doesn’t care either; he just needs a name to complete his report. So oblige him.

I’d do a Google search of different stoves and when you see one that’s close…that’s the name of your stove. Why make it any harder than it is?

ithicaxl said:
Well until I can figure it out I am screwed!!!! There is not a stamp or mark or tag on it. i can see where the tag onces was stuck on the back.

It has heat shields on back and sides and bottom. Vents are on the front sides top corners,

There is brass on the door and on the catch.

It is brick lined.

It is a useless piece of iron right now.

for the record , even if you determine what the units mfg or model number is , the lack of the "data" tag renders this unit an "unlisted" stove , in order to meet code(even though install in a garage isnt code compliant in most cases) the units clearances and mounting must be to code for unlisted (in the us NFPA211 is applicable , im not sure what the canadian version is.bottom line though , without that tag , the unit is considered the same as a home made unit and will be required to be installed as if it were an unlisted unit

Status
Not open for further replies.