Plenty of pellets in KY.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

THE ROOSTER

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Got a ton for $276.18 @ Tractor Supply. this was after tax, and the earliest I have ever bought pellets... My neighbor and I together bought three tons and now we're prepared for winter... Somerset is the brand we bought this year, and they had 47 tons on hand...

Attachments

• 2009_07280046.JPG
    2009_07280046.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 544
  • 2009_07280047.JPG
    2009_07280047.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 584
  • 2009_07280048.JPG
    2009_07280048.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 558
I think this is the best brand THAT I HAVE HAVE EVER USED. they burn great for me. fespo

I have not started looking around yet for pellets, however I am glad to see Tractor Supply has pellets. I see you have Country Boy Pellets stacked up there to. I think they are great pellets and hoping to get some more of those this season. I guess I need to start looking around and see what some of the stores are selling this year, however I just had my propane tank filled and it was 1.69 per gallon, and the lock in price was 1.79 so I might not be burning it has much as I did last year when the price was 2.89 a gallon. I burned about 10 or 15 bags of the Summerset pellets last year and they burn well, however I kind like the Country Boy Pellets. I purchased the Summerset Pellets last year from a local Lowes store, and I think they were like 5.99 a bag which I thought was high at the time.

Jakethepup said:
I have not started looking around yet for pellets, however I am glad to see Tractor Supply has pellets. I see you have Country Boy Pellets stacked up there to. I think they are great pellets and hoping to get some more of those this season. I guess I need to start looking around and see what some of the stores are selling this year, however I just had my propane tank filled and it was 1.69 per gallon, and the lock in price was 1.79 so I might not be burning it has much as I did last year when the price was 2.89 a gallon. I burned about 10 or 15 bags of the Summerset pellets last year and they burn well, however I kind like the Country Boy Pellets. I purchased the Summerset Pellets last year from a local Lowes store, and I think they were like 5.99 a bag which I thought was high at the time.

I got the Country Boy pellets last year in Versailles Ky... I called them this year and he had not gotten any in yet, but said they would be $285/ton plus tax... TSC was $5.79/bag if you bought a ton or more, and I got to use a 10% off coupon, so that helped me out...

Those are GREAT pellets. i burned half a ton of them last year and cant get them yet this year.

TSC"s by me are now $224.50 less the $20.00 coupon (if you got one in the mail ) $204.50 / TON The one closest to me already has some in and they are Somerset.

I purchased the balance of the leftover stock they had back in June. The leftover stock was Northwest Pride red fir blend. I got them for @ 239 I really like the Somerset and the Country Boy, but I actually think the Northwest Pride is even better. They seem to be a lot cleaner with very, very small amount of fines and most bags have none.

packerfan said:
Sorry to hear ya had to pay tax on em. Here in Wis. we don't get taxed on pellets

Dan ...You got that right !! I get mine from both KY and southern Indiana.... both charge tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.