This the second year for my Jotul 500. My chimney sweep and I installed it as the selling dealer thought it was a bit too far for his guys to travel. From day one the air control valve was much harder to operate than I thought it should be. Selling dealer said, "normal." I figured BS on that but thought it may get easier when broken in. Didn't get any easier so this year I disassembled the valve and lever. I found the lever had not been smoothed, in fact had areas on the camming surfaces that were rough. I took the most of the rough surface off with a file and then polished with 600 wet or dry paper. Results are in, a very easily operating air control. Should have done this last year.