Polyethylene Tape

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sloeffle

Minister of Fire
Mar 1, 2012
Central Ohio
The bottom of our house has a crawl space. The crawl space is not encapsulated, there is insulation between the floor joists and a polyethylene barrier with more insulation on top of it attached to the bottom of the house. A few years ago I had to replace the bathtub closure on our tub because it broke. I had to cut the polyethylene under the house to do this. I used duct tape to fix what I cut but it fell off shortly afterwards. I bought some Nashua plastic tape and it did the same thing. It looks like when the builder put the house in they used a black mesh tape to fix any holes they created. Unfortunately the tape doesn't have any writing on it. I have spent hours googling trying to figure out what this tape is.

Can anybody recommend a tape that will adhere to polyethylene and stay put for years to come ?

I fix quite a few of these duct tape on anything sucks... fix quite a few of these duct tape on anything sucks... a good hardware store has a black tape that looks like duct tape but much better. It is labeled as professional use. If non of that is available then I use tuck tape. Make sure to wipe off any dirt and dust. If installing in cold temps leave the tape someware warm untill ready to use, while you are working put it inside your coat. This keeps the tape loose and the glue sticky. U can use a hair dryer to take the chill out of your belly wrap but not necessary to make things stick.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk