1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Poor exaust on Whitfield Profile 30, Control board ?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Mamu, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mamu

Mamu New Member

Loc:
    Ontario, Canada
    Hello pellet burner friends,

I own a withfield pellet stove and the last year or so my exhaust draft has been slowly decreasing. Checked all usual suspects but all is ok (air intake pipe clean, exhaust pipe clean, door gasket is tight, stove is clean from ashes,exaust blower inside casing is clean).

So i am left with 2 options, trying to change the exhaust motor or the control board. I checked the output voltage of the control board (you can do so with a multimeter from the front bottom of the control board, see here : )

http://www.woodheatstoves.com/zcart/images/16052112.jpg

All i got was 50 volts on all three electric components (auger, room and exhaust motors). Is 50 volts normal or my board is slowly fading away ...

thanks in advance for your replies.

Marion.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hearthtools

hearthtools Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
    Im not sure what the voltage on the Profile is but
    did you check to see what voltage you are getting INTO the board from your house current.
    Check it where it comes into the stove
  3. Mamu

Mamu New Member

Loc:
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks for the reply,

Voltage on all outlets is 120V (+- a few volts).
  4. hearthtools

Loc:
    what about right were it comes into the board? or wire block (i cant remember how that stove power cord comes in.)

BTW I have the boards in stock
  5. Mamu

Mamu New Member

Loc:
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm at work at the moment, i will check that tonight. How much would you sell one of these puppies ?

Thanks !
  6. hearthtools

Loc:
  7. coachmen98

coachmen98 New Member

Loc:
    connecticut
    I have a profile 20 and they say the setting for the output to the blower is adjustable I am trying to find out how to adjust mine as My stove fills with ash in 24 hours and burns sooty and I am on my 2nd combustion fan.
  8. Mamu

Mamu New Member

Loc:
    Ontario, Canada
    When you got a new combustion fan did it fix the problem for a while ? I did buy a new control board but the problem remained. I now have a back-up for my control board :)
  9. coachmen98

coachmen98 New Member

Loc:
    connecticut
    Yes it did for about 2 months but // I have read the board is supose to be adjustable but you have to call service for a 180 and hour tech to turn a adjustment pot to speed up the motor

I can put a meter accross teh motor leads and adjust it up a couple of volts to get a better burn

I keep teh exhaust pipe clean and the stove vac'ed out , On start up I can hear teh motor running faster
  10. coachmen98

coachmen98 New Member

Loc:
    connecticut
    does anyone know how to adjust this board or do I need to call tech Any help you could give would be great

thanks

Jim
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.