Post your fun with processing wood !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arlo

Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2007
PA
Heh, so you can split 3 pieces at once but you can't stick the axe in the stump...... :cheese:

Almost done with this year's wood. Hopefully by the end of the week.

cmonSTART said:
Heh, so you can split 3 pieces at once but you can't stick the axe in the stump...... :cheese:

Almost done with this year's wood. Hopefully by the end of the week.

lol, I said fun, not pro! :)

I feel like we are getting alate start but It's hot by us for couple more months. I figure I should be good with the time frame. I want to get andother 3 chords done by the end of the month. We have 3 so far.

That was cool, Maybe you should come over to my house and split wood. You split 3pcs to my one.
I'll have to give that a try probably won't work but it will be fun to try.

I had a lot of fun processing wood. I think it was in the Spring of 1989.

Cool ARLO. I did cringe though when I saw ya wearing the sandals. Ive lost a toe nail do to that when I was sixteen choppin wood for my Dad on the farm. Nice swing. :coolsmile:

I had some rounds that I cut from a 150 year old cherry tree this weekend. The heart wood on it was impossible to get into with a maul, so I resorted to cutting into them with the saw. Those pieces are going to burn forever because they are so freakin dense. My dad had a 12' black walnut log laying on the ground for so long. He told me to cut it up so I obliged, only to find that the entire log turned into a beautiful PURPLE color throughout. The outside was drying out and had some insect infestation, but the interior wood was nicely seasoned and still very hard! A shame to have to burn, but it was his fault he didn't have the thing milled when it got felled.

Status
Not open for further replies.