Posted This a While Back , but May Helpful to New Folks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkF48

Feeling the Heat
Nov 14, 2011
Central MA
My wife doesn't usually operate the pellet stove and I thought it would be helpful to mark where the knobs are usually set as a reference. Helps me too as I'm getting older and been forgetting stuff as well :)
Simply cut some arrows out of some sticky backed colored label stock and stuck them where I generally set the control knobs.
xxv controls.JPG

Helps if you have knobs on the control panel ... mine is digital so I have a listing in the manual for settings for different pellets that I've tried. Same idea though and a good thought so thanks!

I have mine hooked to the same model thermostat as the furnace and run the stove entirely on it. That way my wife operates the pellet stove just like the furnace. Flip the on/ off switch on the stat to turn the stove on or off and use the temp up and down buttons to change the heat settings. Stove controls are set at feed rate = 4, temp = 80 and in room temp mode. The stat runs the temp and is usually set to 73F.
Ron

My wife doesn't usually operate the pellet stove and I thought it would be helpful to mark where the knobs are usually set as a reference. Helps me too as I'm getting older and been forgetting stuff as well :)
Simply cut some arrows out of some sticky backed colored label stock and stuck them where I generally set the control knobs.
View attachment 188438
Way cool,good post!!

Reactions: bags
Status
Not open for further replies.