Posting pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pistonslap

Burning Hunk
Oct 7, 2006
southwestern Pa.
Whenever I try to attach a photo I get an error message saying it's too big. What do I have to do to make the picture small enough to send?

If it's still a PITA, you can PM me and I'll shrink em for ya.

With most people having high speed these days, I may just up the allowable size a bit......

But, yes, the existing programs and help should work for most - if you have a Mac, iPhoto can export smaller sizes....and that online thingy works well also. In the end, smaller file sizes are better cause the photos will upload much faster and also people can view them quicker.

But less detail, so there's a tradeoff.

'Course, I'm not the guy paying the bandwidth bill.

One very easy way to shrink a picture is to simply use Paint which is provided with windows.

Just use the Image menu, then Stretch/Skew. Now try maybe 75% or whatever for values in the Stretch boxes. Just be sure to enter the same values in both the horizontal and vertical

Seems like a sticky note that has a few images showing how to shrink images and how to post them would help a lot of folks. This is a regular point of confusion for newcomers and even some veterans.

Craig, could you elevate this thread to a sticky?
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/27/

Doh, Shows how often I've been there. I'll capture a couple screen shots that step the user through the "post reply" and add attachment phase.

Thanks for the help guys. I haven't tried anything yet because of a self-inflicted wound from the 4th of July (too much alcohol).

Finally had a chance to get on the computer and post the picture I was trying to post. It's nothing major, just a picture of the basic woodshed I built to replace the eyesore I built out of pallets last year. It's 20' long X 4' deep X 7' high.

Attachments

• WDSHD.jpg
    WDSHD.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 737
Status
Not open for further replies.