1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Poulan Pro 295 Gas Tank Vent

Post in 'The Gear' started by clovis, Nov 9, 2012.

1. clovis

clovis New Member

I think the saw is an '04 and I am trying to find the gas tank vent. It is not in the cap and for the life of me I cannot find it. I looked at a schematic and it showed a check valve and cap but doesn’t show the exact placement.
    I just got the saw and the few times I have run it, it has been hard starting, but once started it runs and idles and once run starts easily. However, this past Tuesday I run it all day. I had started the day by cleaning the air filter and changing out the plug. After that it actually started a little easier and rev'd much higher and cleaner than before.
    As I used it during the day and put gas in it, I noticed that when I removed the gas cap that I would get a "hiss" like there was possibly vacuum in the tank. As the day was ending I was cutting a few stumps down to ground level when it started to struggle to stay running and evidently quit and I could never get it to restart. I let it sit a while took it home and I was never able to get it to restart. When I pulled the plug one side of the plug was a nice chocolate brown while the other was a lean white.
    I was thinking that a clogged vent may be the cause of some of my running problems near the end of the day. I probably ran three tanks through it and it ran great all day right up until the end.
    Any suggestions on what to check?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    The test when it won't start normally after running it is to take the cap off and try again. if it starts then you found the problem. I don't suppose you have a link to the IPL or manual online, do you?