poulan Pro

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

retiredff

Jan 20, 2008
60 miles SE of Indy
Does anyone have reviews on a Poulan Pro chainsaw with a 20" bar and a 46cc motor? I think it sells for $200 at lowes.

I've got 2 older Poulans. Both 20" 46cc. One is about 8 years old and the other is about 10 years old.
I cut between 5 & 7 cords of wood each year. No problems with either saw. Keep the air filters clean. Use fresh fuel
@ 40/1 and keep a sharp chain. As for the newer model Poulans i honestly can't say, but if one of mine dies,
i'll buy another Poulan.

Picked up a 42cc for 50 bucks. Light and runs good. Pleased so far with it. Starts pretty good too.

FYI. I forgot to add that Poulan and Huskvarna are sister companies under the same Husqvarna corporate umbrella and have been owned by the same company since the early 80's : ))

Status
Not open for further replies.