Powderpost beetles

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfitz3

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2015
Northern Michigan
I have some wood that is infested with ppb. How long is it safe to keep ppb wood in a garage before burning? At what temperature? Can it be stored in a polebarn if not next to posts? Can it be treated with something easily to make it safer to put in a garage?

When in doubt, only bring it in when its time to load the stove up. However, I've stacked wood in wood laden structures outside that never had a problem with what was interested in the firewood.

For my experience, the wood boring critters mostly were interested in the wood that wasn't yet well dried, and not the kiln dried or well seasoned woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.