Power Line Clearing - yay!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is amazing the stuff that gets left to just rot when there are plenty of people to use it. I would talk to your neighbors down the street you never know you might be helping them out by getting rid of it. Worse they say is no and you keep gathering the power line cuttings!

It is amazing the stuff that gets left to just rot when there are plenty of people to use it. I would talk to your neighbors down the street you never know you might be helping them out by getting rid of it. Worse they say is no and you keep gathering the power line cuttings!

I agree . I live in the woods and as I drive into town just looking around at the various wooded lots stuff, I see all the downed trees in the woods. Some of it's rotted but some is still good. It's easy to spot in winter with no leaves on the trees. I'm sitting good for wood but if I needed some I'd knock on the door of the owner of those wooded areas and just ask if I could clean up downed wood. Forget dropping it there's so much already laying on the ground in the woods already

Some people will say no but some will say yes. It's downed wood in the middle of the woods most people probably don't care.

Reactions: heavy hammer
I'm the same very few people seem to care about the stuff already down. Most property owners seem to be ok with letting me clean up the down stuff. Helps both parties out. Our right always are the same, cut trees everywhere just there for the taking I love it.

While it is obvious to the level headed among us that an armed response in not appropriate to such a theft, in many states it would be completely legal to shoot an unarmed thief on your property

TE
This is completely false information and anyone who actually thinks it's true is in for a very rude awakening if they did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.