PowerSmith Ash Vac - flex tube works GREAT on refrigerator coils

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcarton

Feeling the Heat
Oct 15, 2014
Pelham, NH
I had to work on our kitchen stove tonight, and made a huge mess in the process. Cleaning up with the ash vac after it was all over, I glanced over at our 18-year old refrigerator, then looked at the PowerSmith, and thought "HEY, I can use that little tube attachment to get those coils cleaner than they've been in years. In about three minutes, I cleaned out a huge amount of dust that I've never been able to reach before. Currently drinking a colder-than-usual beer, and enjoying the warmth of my newly-installed 18-year old pellet stove!

Well you will get a faster than usual return on the purchase of the ash vac:)

Just don't vac any hot pellets into that lint mess in the vac. !!!

Reactions: bcarton
Just don't vac any hot pellets into that lint mess in the vac. !!!
Or it will be one ashed vac. You should see the results of running a shotgun primer through a Kirby!

Reactions: BrotherBart
Wasn't the vacuum bag that got emptied! Lets say the clothes washer had some extra soiled under garments.

Reactions: bogieb
I had to work on our kitchen stove tonight, and made a huge mess in the process. Cleaning up with the ash vac after it was all over, I glanced over at our 18-year old refrigerator, then looked at the PowerSmith, and thought "HEY, I can use that little tube attachment to get those coils cleaner than they've been in years. In about three minutes, I cleaned out a huge amount of dust that I've never been able to reach before. Currently drinking a colder-than-usual beer, and enjoying the warmth of my newly-installed 18-year old pellet stove!

I don't need it for the fridge but I was looking for a recommendation for an ash vac, all I have a can-&-hose attachment for my central vac, no motor, not thrilled w/results. So, I bookmarked a PowerSmith just now at Amazon.

What's this tube attachment? Did it come with your vacuum? I'm not sure I got that with mine.

I don't need it for the fridge but I was looking for a recommendation for an ash vac, all I have a can-&-hose attachment for my central vac, no motor, not thrilled w/results. So, I bookmarked a PowerSmith just now at Amazon.

As Keep Warm mentioned, Mill's Fleet Farm is cheaper and with free shipping.

Tube attachment is part of the accessory kit. Costs about $20 and gives you a few extra little attachments.

Tube attachment is part of the accessory kit. Costs about $20 and gives you a few extra little attachments.

Thanks, didn't know about that. I have been thinking about trying to buy a piece of hose to attach so I can get in narrow spots. This is much easier, just ordered one from Amazon:).

Reactions: bcarton
Check Mill's Fleet Farm

Ordered the PowerSmith Vac from Mill's Fleet Farm for $59.99 with free shipping.

Great! Glad I hadn't pulled the trigger w/Amazon yet.

I have the PowerSmith vacuum.....Works great!
I was considering getting that small hose/tube attachment kit, but then I decided it was easy enough to make my own with some parts that I had in the garage.
I used it for the first time today and it worked awesome to get into all those tight areas that I have been missing with my stove cleanings.

IMG_6063.jpg

IMG_6069.jpg

IMG_6072.jpg

Reactions: tiger
I was considering getting that small hose/tube attachment kit, but then I decided it was easy enough to make my own

When mine showed up Friday night, I saw what I got in addition to a crevice tool and brush attachment, was a length of plastic hose inserted into a rubber cork -- could have pick up the materials at Home Depot for that. However, this is convenient and not too expensive, now I have it. I asked my wife to sew up an elastic "belt" to go around the vacuum canister, with small bands to hold the attachments -- that way they are not laying around loose when I could lose them.

Status
Not open for further replies.