Powervar Power Conditioner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orangecrushcj7

Feeling the Heat
Jun 30, 2008
Barre MA
We recently moved our office, and had an unneeded power conditioner. I brought it come with the intention of using it on my Englander 25pdvc. It is a Powervar ABC302-11. Says it is rated at 3 amps. The pellet stove, according to the ID plate is also rated at 3 amps. Is it ok to use this, or is it not of sufficient size? The stove doesn't draw 3 amps continuously, only when the auto ignitor is on, with all the other motors. Anyone tech savvy enough to offer some advice?

Link to the spec sheet on the powervar website: http://www.powervar.com/Eng/OnlineLibrarySearch/SpecSheets/SM1001.pdf

Edit: I just looked, and added up the motor loads. Room blower 1.05 amp, combustion blower 1.05 amp, (2) auger motors @ .4amp each. The ignitor is 250 watts, so that 2.08 amps. So that all adds up to 4.98 amps. So I guess That answers my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.