powrmatic memco mw-100 wood boiler ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scoopmac

Dec 26, 2011
hi, i have a powrmatic memco mw-100 wood boiler, i have it all hooked up and running , i cannot seem to get it to burn for more than 2.5 to 3 hours and it eats up alot of wood , and funny thing the temp does not increase past 150 degrees i have someone coming in to put a draft control on the pipe , maybe this will help ? ... i know there is not many of these units around (i think it is 25-30 years old) ...and i am new to the wood boiler thing , i am used to the wood stoves ...if someone has a manual for this that they could forward me, it would be great ....any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated .
thanks
scoopmac

I used a Memco for 10 years before replacing with an Eko 40. They do like wood, but if you are home and have plenty of wood they work fine. I had a manual, but gave it to the person I sold my memco to. Do a search for memco (Melvin Manufacturing in Jay, Maine). Last I knew they still had the manuals, grates, and doors available

scoopmac said:
hi, i have a powrmatic memco mw-100 wood boiler, i have it all hooked up and running , i cannot seem to get it to burn for more than 2.5 to 3 hours and it eats up alot of wood , and funny thing the temp does not increase past 150 degrees i have someone coming in to put a draft control on the pipe , maybe this will help ? ... i know there is not many of these units around (i think it is 25-30 years old) ...and i am new to the wood boiler thing , i am used to the wood stoves ...if someone has a manual for this that they could forward me, it would be great ....any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated .
thanks
scoopmac
What is the load on your boiler? The heat is either going up the chimney or in the boiler water or through a non jacketed part of the boiler. This should be easy to determine. Is your wood dry? Does your boiler have a Samson flap? Is it correcty set? Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.