Pre season eye candy.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamess67

Feeling the Heat
Nov 19, 2007
Central Illinois
This is how I spent my afternoon . This is one of 3 loads from this stash. There is one cord in the trailer (8x10) and a bed full in the Dakota. Its all red oak and hickory. This puts me at around 9 cords, or about 4 years ahead. Just thought Id share.

Attachments

• 1106101619.jpg
    1106101619.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 559
That is some nice looking fuel. And I think I can see for 15 miles in your pic!

well that tree line is about 2 miles away. But yes.... it is very flat here.

Jamess67 said:
it is very flat here.

Every time you guys in the midwest post those pictures, I understand more and more why the little farms in our hills are disappearing. Nice load, looks like your splitter is treating you well.

That's great James.

Here's my last trip into the woods for fuel. That steel box and hydraulic dump bed are great on that Trail Gator. That's a Stihl 029 saw.

Attachments

• gator.jpg
    gator.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 233
Nice work! Let that oak sit for awhile and it will do you real well when you get ready to burn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.