Predict newbie's wood usage for next yr., win a prize.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just purchased a Blaze King Princess insert. I hope the 81% efficiency will buy me back some cordage. It has alien technology in it, right?

While the wife and I work quite a bit M-F, we have pets and home and she thinks they'll die if it gets under 60F :)p), so I do intend to heat 24/7...low and slow with my car stove. :)

I burnt just about 4 cords heating 1000 sq ft burning 24/7 since sept 2012 up until a few days ago in my little stove. I work from home so it is a true 24/7 burn cycle, my first "full" burning season mostly 10 mth css ash and 2 yr css black walnut we were given.

My guess, being CT is a bit north of me, you are new at burning, you will quickly get addicted to the warmth of wood heat instead of whatever your back up may be, cold wife syndrome, etc., etc., my guess is 4.75 cords.

Get choppin' my friend, as we never thought we'd need 4 cords of wood either , now, we know! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.