1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

preferred clearances for Tarm Solo 40

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by penfrydd, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. penfrydd

penfrydd New Member

Loc:
    Western MA
    Tank is set. Now to set the boiler and chimney. Minimum clearances are clearly stated. I have lots of room in the space, but see no need to waste it, so...the side clearance stated is 8" on one side, and 21" on the other. I'll have 6 feet on one side, so can I easily get by with 8" to a foot on the other? Is there any reason I'll need more once in a while? (I know my habits...if I have too much room on one side, it will fill up with "stuff")

Also...I can make the distance between the back of the boiler and the chimney as little as I wish. Do I need any more room than is taken up by two elbows and a vertical?

Thanks,

penfrydd
    Tarm 40 w/storage
    slowly going getting it all together

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jebatty

jebatty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MN
    I've got black steel stovepipe from the boiler to Class A chimney at the ceiling. Isn't clearance from steel stovepipe 3 feet minimum?

EDIT: Also need room to access circ, valves, etc ., also room for chimney cleaning.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.