preferred clearances for Tarm Solo 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

penfrydd

Jul 7, 2008
Western MA
www.penfrydd.com
Tank is set. Now to set the boiler and chimney. Minimum clearances are clearly stated. I have lots of room in the space, but see no need to waste it, so...the side clearance stated is 8" on one side, and 21" on the other. I'll have 6 feet on one side, so can I easily get by with 8" to a foot on the other? Is there any reason I'll need more once in a while? (I know my habits...if I have too much room on one side, it will fill up with "stuff")

Also...I can make the distance between the back of the boiler and the chimney as little as I wish. Do I need any more room than is taken up by two elbows and a vertical?

Thanks,

penfrydd
Tarm 40 w/storage
slowly going getting it all together

I can make the distance between the back of the boiler and the chimney as little as I wish. Do I need any more room than is taken up by two elbows and a vertical?

I've got black steel stovepipe from the boiler to Class A chimney at the ceiling. Isn't clearance from steel stovepipe 3 feet minimum?

EDIT: Also need room to access circ, valves, etc ., also room for chimney cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.