Pressure - non pressure storage ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the only one I can think of:

http://www.woodboilers.com/product-detail.aspx?id=58

There will be more coming onto the market, I'm sure. But if they need to be ASME rated for marketability then the prices will stay very high.

For someone doing new construction through a bank mortgage it wouldn't be so bad if it could be rolled into the monthly payments. The up front cost would be less stunning.

Birdman said:
I am finding info on accumulator tanks for woodboilers online... but... it looks to me like they are only sold in Europe? Frr example http://www.accumulatortanks.co.uk/ looks like what I need? Is ther anything like this sold in the USA? Akvaterm tanks. It is quite amazing to me that everyone has to be a DIY person and find a way to get there own used propane tank if they want pressurized storage. I thought all these new boilers being sold required storage? Is the only option to buy the unpressurized system? .. or find your own propane tank? Has anyone tried to buy one of these Akvaterm tanks from a European distributor??

You might try looking up "Superstore" tanks - I know that some have mentioned using them, and I believe they are pressurized and come in pretty large sizes (with pretty large price tags to match)

The Eurotanks run into two big problems in the US - 1. US building codes often don't recognize the EU standards that the tanks are made to, (Used propane tanks can have the same problem) and it is non-trivial to get a US recognized stamp... 2. Pressurized tanks are big and bulky, which makes for expensive shipping to get them here - thus cost prohibitive on arrival...

Gooserider

hhhmmm... looks like someone who has the connections could make some good money. IF someone had connections to be able to buy new propane tanks and wanted to sell them to woodboiler users and make a nice markup then life might be be good! Anyone out there ready to have a start up business? Oh to be the middle man in this new venture. Could make a bundle. What is the cost to a propane company when they buy these vessels? It looks Like Tarm USA has the only tanks available to woodboilers. Does anyone think they will offer a larger pressurized tank in the future? My mind is made up to do pressurized.. Can someone explain to me again why 3 tanks connected to each other is worse then one large tank of the same proportion? Looks like I have only a few options

1. Do not get storage now... wait until someone offers the product I want( 500 gallon tank )
2. Buy 2or3 tanks from Tarm USA.. have plumber install
3. Try to find 500 gallon propane tank and go through the process of getting it ready for plumber
4. Other?

Here's a place in Oklahoma that says they sell to the public.

You'd probably want to get a truckload to the Northeast to make the shipping manageable per tank.
You can see from the aerial photo that they have a few out back.

http://www.blttanks.com/

They rebuild and re-certify tanks so they could probably make quality custom mods specifically for use as woodboiler storage tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.