Pretty decent haul...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tar12

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2016
Indiana
After splitting this load off of my dump trailer...in which my son had loaded to the max...I ended up with just shy of 5 face cord.Pin and Red Oak..knocked it out in 2 hrs and 35 minutes...I wonder how much we could get on that 14K trailer if we stacked it? I am going to find out the next time...
IMG_3062.jpg
IMG_3065.jpg
IMG_3066.jpg
IMG_3067.jpg
IMG_3068.jpg

If a warning to a user needs to point out that the push plate of a log splitter is a pinch point, maybe that person shouldn’t be using the machine.;lol;lol;lol

Nice load. Better a young buck be tossing those rounds up there than us old dogs.

If a warning to a user needs to point out that the push plate of a log splitter is a pinch point, maybe that person shouldn’t be using the machine.;lol;lol;lol

Nice load. Better a young buck be tossing those rounds up there than us old dogs.
There is all kinds of dumb arse warning stickers on it! I can still throw them up on the tail gate! :) That boy of mine and his friend are absolute animals loading it...they don't play around...

Reactions: D8Chumley
HaHa. I can smell that red oak from here. Great aroma!

My one neighbor whom I don't like once complained of the Oak smell...i replied that I was pretty sure there wasn't a law against it.....last we spoke! lol

Reactions: saewoody and Bmore
My one neighbor whom I don't like once complained of the Oak smell
Well IMHO that's a good reason not to like him! Maybe you should offer to pile up some manure to mask the smell. ;)

[Edit to fix typo--sorry, reading vision getting worse!]

Last edited:
Reactions: Lone_Gun
Well IMHO that's a good reason not to like him! Maybe you should offer to pile up some manure to mask the small. ;)
He is a real tool...I think it bothers him to breath...:)

Reactions: Lone_Gun
Nice score!