Previously owned home with a Martin Venturi pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

underschwartz

Jan 14, 2010
West Yellowstone, Montana
I purchased a 20 year old home with a Martin Venturi pellet stove. I have not used the stove yet because I do not know if I need to light it manually or does it light automatically. I question this due to the fact that it has a thermostat attached and think it would have to start with the thermostat if it was off for a while during the warmer time of the day. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Does anyone know where I can get a manual on my particular stove on-line. I can not find a website for Martin Industries or Venturi pellet stoves. Thanks, Karin

Welcome to the forum Karin.

That's an oldie, you may have better luck by using the search function and doing a search on the venturi pellet stove or martin pellet stove and contact some of the posters that show up on any of those threads.

Hi, Karin, saw your post on the site for manuals when I did a quick check there, looks like you may be out of luck for a manual. If you want to run it, first step would be a thorough cleaning and inspection. Might be a good idea to get someone local with a clue, if you don't have one yourself. It may be manual ignition only, and thermostat control in a hi - lo mode. If it runs, and appears to have no safety issues, should be good to go. Keep in mind,repair parts may be non-existent, but you may be able to find somebody on here with some knowledge on this brand. Good luck, keep us posted.

You got my curiosity up, did a little checking, looks like Martin Industries is the manufacturer of Ashley wood stoves. Might check with an Ashley dealer if you have one around. Or, it may be a different Martin Industries, ya never know.

Hello!I run a Martin FS31 .It is a manual light stove,fill hopper,turn on,set the thermostat up past room temp,set the feed control to hi,let pellets feed into burnpot up to the first set of holes,shut stove off,add lighting source of your choice,(I use lamp oil)not a whole lot,light,let the pellets kinda start for a minute(think lighting a charcol fire)when the pellets kinda get red around the edges shut the door tight,turn on the power and enjoy! I usally run the feed at at between 4 and 6,let the thermo control the stove.There is a link to a online manual provided in the link to the other thread.I do have a factory manual hard copy too,as well as a parts list,parts list is scanned and posted in the other thread also.Hope this helps, warren

Wow! Thanks for all the great information~ I have completely disassembled the auger and motor, checked the connections and cleaned the horribly neglected stove. The auger was jammed with compacted pellet debris. There was even solid carbon in the form of coal. Wow. Well, I have restored it to working order and pellets are dropping correctly and once I get more pellets I will get it started and let you all know how it goes. Thanks again for the time and information from all of you. Your tips are certainly welcome!

underschwartz said:
Wow! Thanks for all the great information~ I have completely disassembled the auger and motor, checked the connections and cleaned the horribly neglected stove. The auger was jammed with compacted pellet debris. There was even solid carbon in the form of coal. Wow. Well, I have restored it to working order and pellets are dropping correctly and once I get more pellets I will get it started and let you all know how it goes. Thanks again for the time and information from all of you. Your tips are certainly welcome!

Don't forget the pics!!!!!!

I have one of these stoves also. If you need to order parts or download an manuel . You can do so from Assembled Products, Inc. Rogersville, Al. Ph. 256-247-7338

Does anyone know what the rpm of the auger is? Mine is a Martin Venturi Model FS3 and is stalling and looks like I may have to replace the gear motor. I am just not sure the 6rpm auger is correct due to other comments on this forum. I cleaned it out thoroughly twice and vacuumed the auger feed area and it turns fine with no pellets but won't feed with pellets in it. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

After much searching and help from some forum members here I am pretty sure the original auger gearmotor is a 6 RPM.....just info for anyone else here.

im 95% sure it is 4RPM
again we only sold a few FS3 then Martin kind of went Bye bye. but we sold 200 FS2's and they all had 4rpm

It sounds like there is a difference. I was afraid I had the wrong gearmotor in my FS3 but I've have had two members here PM me and let me know their FS3 or FS31 had 6 rpm gearmotors. My FS3 also has a 6rpm installed. I wonder what other differences there were in the FS2 and FS3?

I also wonder what the differences are in the FS3 and FS31? I know my FS3 had a jumper wire across the thermostat connections on the control board and thought maybe the thermostat option might be one difference from the FS31. Just a guess though.

pellet said:
It sounds like there is a difference. I was afraid I had the wrong gearmotor in my FS3 but I've have had two members here PM me and let me know their FS3 or FS31 had 6 rpm gearmotors. My FS3 also has a 6rpm installed. I wonder what other differences there were in the FS2 and FS3?

I also wonder what the differences are in the FS3 and FS31? I know my FS3 had a jumper wire across the thermostat connections on the control board and thought maybe the thermostat option might be one difference from the FS31. Just a guess though.

They all come from the factory with a jumper wire across the thermostat connection. otherwise the stove would just run in Keep fire mode.

I believe they all have the same control board so to make up for the 2 more revolutions of the auger the auger flights must be a different

other that the FS3 having a solid steel top and a much better hopper lid the rest of the stove is the same.

pellet said:
Does anyone know what the rpm of the auger is? Mine is a Martin Venturi Model FS3 and is stalling and looks like I may have to replace the gear motor. I am just not sure the 6rpm auger is correct due to other comments on this forum. I cleaned it out thoroughly twice and vacuumed the auger feed area and it turns fine with no pellets but won't feed with pellets in it. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Could you run it without pellets and count and time the revs?

Could you run it without pellets and count and time the revs? Been there done that!That and the label on my motor are the same 6 R.P.M.'s Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.