Price for a used Harman Accentra 52i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdinVT

Apr 26, 2014
Central VT
I have been reading so many posts and learning alot!!! So thank you.

We went to look at pellet stoves for the first time today. One place had a used Harman Accentra 52i insert for $2800.
Compared to new at $3999.00 this looks like a good choice. My issue is that they didn't seem to know a lot about how old it was, how well it was taken care of etc.
When the sales person opened the side she said the manuf date was 2006. But I was under the impression the 52i is something new. Is the sales person wrong and it's really a standard Accentra?

At what age is buying used just a bad idea? I am thinking that nothing older than 3 years would get us something at a lower cost but not have to worry about all the mechanical/electrical items failing?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as our other option is a $4500 Quadrafire Mt. Vernon AE insert with decorative surround. I know most people seem to be ok with either one.
Is the Mt. Vernon that much quieter than the 52i....sorry for so many questions.

Thanks again!

Hi
If you buy a Harman, Quadrafire or Englander age does not matter. They all are very rugged stoves. My Quad is mfd 2000 and my 2 Harmans are 10 and 12 years old. All have new circuit boards and other parts. They were all painted and look and work like brand new.

Last edited:
That's what I thought about the 52i being new. But that was how they had it advertised as the 52i. I think I will go back during the week and talk to someone else in the showroom. My husband and I are new to pellet stoves so we don't know alot and I don't want to be taken advantage of.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Hi Cold- If its 3/4 the cost of a new one, get the new one with the new warranty. I'd look at the new Quad E2 insert as well. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.